Ministry of Social Development (WINZ)



Emergency Housing - If you need emergency housing, help to pay a bond, rent arrears, or are struggling to pay your housing costs, WINZ may be able to help.

Benefit - Depending on your situation, WINZ may be able to help financially aid you through this tough time. 

Seeking Work - Tools and services necessary to get back into the workforce. 

Transition to Work - Help you with the cost of starting a new job if you’re going to work 30+ hours a week. Sole parent about to work 20+ hours a week.

Health & Disability - Assistance if you have a health condition or disability.

Child Care - There are lots of costs involved with raising children. WINZ may be able to help depending on your situation.



Ministry of Social Development Wellington 

  • 195 Willis Street, CBD
  • 96 Riddiford Street, Newtown
  • 34 Bay Road, Kilbirnie


Emergency Housing

P: 0800 559 009

Senior Services - Age 65+

P: 0800 552 002